HOW TO FIND MEANING IN YOUR LIFE AMIDST COVID-19
Dear fellow lock-downer,
How to empower your family with a positive mental attitude during the lockdown
I started day 1 of lockdown in South Africa with setting up a Zoom call with my husband, my daughter, my 2 sons, and my son – and my daughter-law. The purpose of the call was to set their minds on a positive mental attitude. For almost 2 hours, we shared with each other how specifically the challenges of the lockdown period is helping each to fulfill what is of highest value, priority, and importance to each one. It was inspiring, I had many moments of tears of gratitude, and I have invested time in building my powerful family.
The process also enhances their immune systems as a positive mental attitude makes your body more alkaline.
Let me know if you are interested in me facilitating a similar session, using Zoom, with your family. email@example.com This is the time to impact, be the difference and invest in strong and caring relationships.💞💕 SEE MY SPECIAL RATE BELOW DURING LOCKDOWN
The power of our minds and how to use it responsibly
As a young psychology student in the early eighties, I read Viktor E. Frankl’s book ” Man’s search for meaning.” It has profoundly shaped me as a person and as a psychologist. We have a choice and exercising our human right to choose how we want to apply our minds, is one of our most significant responsibilities. Amidst the global challenges of survival, we can choose to go beyond survival. We can choose to make a difference, find meaning in our lives, and develop a positive mental attitude. It’s not easy. But it’s a choice.
Applying the therapeutic system of the world-renowned psychiatrist and existential philosopher Viktor E. Frankl, learn how to bring personal meaning and fulfillment to your everyday life and work and achieve your highest potential!
Core Principles :
1. Exercise the freedom to choose your attitude. In all situations, no matter how desperate they may appear or actually be, you always have the ultimate freedom to choose your attitude.
2. Realize your will to meaning. Commit authentically to meaningful values and goals that only you can actualize and fulfill.
3. Detect the meaning of life’s moments. Only you can answer for your own life by detecting the meaning at any given moment and assuming responsibility for weaving your unique tapestry of existence.
4. Don’t work against yourself. Avoid becoming so fixated on an intent or outcome that you actually work against the desired result.
5. Look at yourself from a distance. Only human beings possess the capacity to look at themselves from a distance, with a sense of perspective, including the uniquely human trait known as your sense of humour.
6. Shift your focus of attention. Deflect your attention from the problem situation to something else and build your coping mechanisms for dealing with stress and change.
7. Extend beyond yourself. Manifest the human spirit at work by directing your attention and relating to something more than yourself.”
— Prisoners of Our Thoughts: Viktor Frankl’s Principles for Discovering Meaning in Life and Work by Alex Pattakos, Elaine Dundon
On the couch with Ilze podcast channel
Innovation happens in times of difficulty. I carried the plan in my head for months to start my podcast channel. At last, I have taken action! Follow me on a journey of self-mastery and finding meaning on “On the couch with Ilze.”
Special offer during lockdown – PAY ONLY R1500 AND NOT R2500 PER HOUR CONSULTATION
I continue offering consultations. I have been working with clients internationally, using Skype, Facetime, WhatsApp, Zoom. It is as effective as sitting face to face in the same room. Now it’s time for my South African clients to embrace technology and receive counseling from the comfort of your home.
To book a virtual consultation with me, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. I will return to face to face consultations as soon as humanly possible.
With love and care